So long Boston!

So long Boston!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Ecuador*

Ok besides only being able to speak Spanish like a small child I am doing ok here. The family I'm staying with speaks English very well and are helping me learn more every day. Valerie has even gone to the trouble of labeling common items en espanol! I feel kinda rediculous but am willing to go with it. Mama Chio has been showing me the nice places to go in an otherwise hot, busy, packed city. Yesterday we all went to Malecon and Las Penas in the evening. It was a beautiful way to see the city. Las Penas is a neighborhood downtown that has 444 stairs leading to the top of Cerro Santa Ana (Santa Ana hill) where we climbed up a lighthouse and got a complete 360degree view. It was really amazing, although for photos I want to do it again during the day/sunset (it's really hot during the day.) Also on my first day here we went to the lizard park that is located more central in the city. All the public parks are really well kept and are blessed with lush natural beauty due to the tropical climate.
Today we drove out of town to pick up fresh mango at a road stand. It's probably the best mango I've ever had! Ahhh the tropics* So all is well and I'll do my best to get some pics up soon. have a great weekend <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment