So long Boston!

So long Boston!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hari Om!

Well I am writing from an internet cafe in Nasik (Nashik) about a 5 hour bus ride northeast of Mumbai.  I has been living on the ashram for a full week now, so the craziness of Mumbai has all but left me.  But it was very intense for me.  I was very happy to leave, and I have no plans to return there!  It is just toooo crowded with no places to just sit, and when I did find one-people would stare and not-so-subtly take photos (which is actually pretty funny) but none-the-less it really wasn't my scene.

Nasik is  a much nicer city, a bit calmer.  And the Ashram is AMAZZING!!!!  The scenery in spectacular with mountains all around, it reminds me of the southwest a little--i will be able to put some pics up in a couple weeks.  I live in a cabin with 3 other girls (1 from singapore, 1 from scotland, 1 from croatia) we get along quite well, which always makes the experience a bit more smooth.  We have limited power and hot water and shower over a bucket.  We get up at 5:20am to have a morning beverage followed by chanting and then some yoga as the sun comes up.  We do chores everyday-mine has turned into giving massage to people with pain, which I'm loving.  Our lectures are interesting and I am so excited to get into the belly of the course!  The food is nourishing and quite tastey :)   Everyday I can't help but think about how lucky I am to be here.   After the program I plan to work/volunteer at the health clinic affiliated with the ashram.  They run 10 day in patient courses to help manage illness in disease.   

It is also very interesting to meet people from all over the world, from different places in their lives, who use and practice yoga differently, and just talk.  I am so inspired.  I have so many new ideas for myself and my life and how I want to apply this new knowledge.  But I guess this is why its my life in progress* 

Well, I won't have access to internet again until the course is over 21 March (ish), so until then, be well and enjoy the pending spring.  

Shanti,
Sarah*

3 comments:

  1. Sarah - your time in Nasik sounds lovely! It's amazing to thing that your time in Ecuador is passed already! Thank you for the card :) I wish I could write back... and perhaps there is at the ashram? What a perfect place to be for you! So glad you are sharing the trip! Be well and be safe!

    <3 rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ugh - lets try that again!

    Sarah - your time in Nasik sounds lovely! It's amazing to think that your time in Ecuador is passed already! Thank you for the card :) I wish I could write back... and perhaps your stay at the ashram would make that possible? What a perfect place to be for you! So glad you are blogging about the trip.

    Be well!
    <3 rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    It is so fun to see these pictures and read about your adventures! Thinking of you as you enjoy your current digs. Thanks for keeping the blog!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete